Google Glitch..creates a fuss!!!!!!!!

I had a most peculiar web experience yesterday,since I saw Google flagging each and every site with a warning "This site may harm your computer".

I feared a moment,is my PC really infected with a virus?Since Google wouldn't flag such messages for each and every site ,I visit.

However,I was happy to see that this warning lasted for about 30 minutes and went off.Then I came to know that,it was really a wrong flagging by the Google.

This is an official statement form Google:

Marissa Mayer has now explained the error on the Official Google Blog. She puts it down to human error after a ‘/’ was mistakenly put in an update sent from the non-profit StopBadware.org to Google . The result was every URL in Google’s database being classified as “malware” until the stray ‘/’ was removed.


Hope Google wouldn't excite its users with such warnings!

IMAGE SOURCE: TechCrunch